Monday, 21 October 2013

Crinkle! Crunkle! Scuff!

At church two Sunday ago, I asked at the beginning of my homily, how many people had scuffed about in autumn leaves that recently. Three hands went up out of 19. Now that is pitiful! God gave us autumn leaves precisely for that purpose! Never get too old to scuff in autumn leaves. Never, ever get too old to play in the leaves. Borrow a child, if you feel too foolish - though it's a shame not to have the feist to do it on your own. Others around you would probably be watching with envy, wishing they could reclaim that bit of fun in their grown-up lives. AND - never get too old to blow bubbles, either!





I'm back after a long hiatus. I was away in the UK for 6 weeks, and I don't like to advertise online that I'm not home. Maybe I'll share the e-mails I sent to friends and relatives, on my pilgrimage with family and continuing to search for my ancestors - principally to know my Grandpa Macgregor better. And I am beginning to scratch the surface of understanding, though there is still a certain amount (or uncertain amount) of mystery about him.

When I returned, I leapt into work. Have had some wonder-full experiences in ministry with people, wrestling with meanings ... see the next few blogs entries ...It's time to stop avoiding writing and as my friend Holly reminded me - the key to writing is to place bum on chair in front of computer. :-) It is so placed for at least an hour - and so we're off! 

"We are pilgrims on a journey ... "  from the hymn Brother/sister let me be your servant....

A pilgrim.


No comments:

Post a Comment